Tuesday 27 September 2011

Johnny Foreigner - Sometimes, In The Bullring

First single from JoFo. Cost you a packet now. You can buy the tracks as part of their "Every Day is a Constant Battle" compilation of early stuff from their bandcamp site and is probably better quality than these vinyl rips. My copy has a different cover to the one pictured too but I prefer this one, although I still have fond memories of the OLD Bullring. Way Ahead Records, Frank's Wild Records. All the record shops in Birmingham have gone now (Second City Sounds, HQ, Tempest, Reddington's Rare Records, Highway 61) except Swordfish and that's never been the same since it moved from Needless Alley.

I can't explain why I like this band so much. Is it because they're from Brum? Is it because Kelly is so lovely? Is it because their songs are so complex and yet still sing-a-long-able?

You decide

No comments:

Post a Comment