Saturday 26 November 2011

Be Your Own Pet - early singles

If I remember correctly, this was one of those rare occasions on which I was sent a promo that was any good. So before the hype, I was able to get down to Rough Trade and snap up their first two singles "Damn Damn Leash" and Fire Department". I was in New York a little later and was able to get an advance copy of their first album. So in a way, Be Your Own Pet were thrust upon me by opportunity. Sadly, I never saw them live before their premature split in 2008 after only four or five years of existence.

"Damn Damn Leash" is an excellent EP, with all three songs full of energy and fire. It is probably the best thing they ever did.

So, better call the "Fire Department" to put it out. Another three great songs but more laid back in approach compared to DDL.

"Extra Extra" read all about it. I think I only have this as a download EP, but another three good songs that were not on their albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment