Tuesday 27 September 2011

Cable - First two 7" singles

 Aah Cable. One of my favourite bands of the mid-nineties and still sorely missed. Once again, it was a Peel Session that got me into these guys, in particular, it was "Sale of the Century". I never knew of these two singles existence until they split up so was very pleased to find them. Different versions to those that appeared on "Downlift the Uptrodden", the first single is Sale of the Century/Hydra released in 1994 on Krunch Records, the second is Seventy/Oubliette released the following year on the same label. I notice with 'interest' that all tracks were recorded in Redditch. Why a band from Derby would travel to Redditch to record anything is beyond me.

These are ripped from my vinyl copies so apologies for any clicks and/or wobbles.
Sale of the Century/Hydra
Seventy/Oubliette

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Really digging Cable. Never heard of them before. Great covers too. Thanks loads!

    ReplyDelete