Monday 30 April 2012

Kristin Hersh - EPs

I love Kristin Hersh. Everything she does is gold. Throwing Muses, 50 Foot Wave and solo work. Here is a collection of random EPs from her solo work, going back to her earliest to some of her more recent.

At a Throwing Muses gig at ATP, I was very drunk (of course) and during the set I shouted out her name, not expecting her to hear me (I've not got the loudest voice in the world). But she replied "Yes?". So I said "You don't know how much we love you!" and she replied "No I don't". She wasn't in a very good mood that day...

First out is the "Your Ghost" EP from the wonderful "Hips and Makers" LP from 1994 featuring Michael Stipe on backing vocals.

From 1998 is the "Like You" EP from the "Strange Angels" LP

From 1995 is "The Holy Single"

Finally is "In Shock" from the brilliant "Learn To Sing Like a Star" LP from 2007.

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment