Saturday 17 December 2011

The Edmund Fitzgerald

So, yes, we all know that the Edmund Fitzgerald were the band before Foals - so enough about that. I was lucky enough to have Lina, Yannis and Jack play at Silver Rocket on many occasions. But the most memorable gig for me was when they played a Noisestar gig on the boat on the Thames. It was shortly after the release of SR50, a double CD of 50 bands that had played the first 50 Silver Rocket shows, on which EdFitz had a track "Two Broke Kids Bikes/These Wet Houston Driveways" (bloody Oxford bands and their ridiculously lengthy song titles). So here is everything I possess by the band. Two tracks from their Vacuous Pop split single with Youthmovie Soundtrack Strategies (sorry Ady), the aforementioned SR50 track, the song from their Noisestar session (sorry Rhys and Tony) and a bunch of other stuff I guess they must have given me as demos. Track listing:

  1. Arg = (3-6j)(6-3j) not= pi/2
  2. Cans of Rainwater
  3. Rickett/Oh.. The Rustfucked Callat Drones
  4. The Cosmonaut
  5. De La Hoya
  6. 26 Hillfield Ave.
  7. Untitled 1
  8. Horses
  9. My Quiets Heart Sleight Of Hand
  10. Untitled 2
  11. Two Broke Kids Bikes/These Wet Houston Driveways
If there's any chance of this stuff being released properly at any time I will remove this link.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance you can post a new link for this. The link is no longer active and I've been looking for something by these guys for a very long time. It would be much appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete