Saturday 24 December 2011

Faith No More - early singles

 So in 1989 I was well into "The Real Thing" by Faith No More and noticed in copy of "Introduce Yourself" in Bromsgrove's Our Price. For a while, I couldn't get over the disappointment of it not being Mike Patton on vocals. But gradually, I came to love this album just as much. Particularly the two songs that were singles - "We Care A Lot" and "Anne's Song".

Funnily enough, before I'd bought "Introduce Yourself" someone had told me that the original singer was black. I thought they meant Black - the late 80's solo singer (you know, the one that did that song "Wonderful Life", real name Colin). Actually they do sound quite similar.

It was quite a while before I found out that "Introduce Yourself" wasn't their debut album. But "We Care A Lot" is a bit pants apart from "As The Worm Turns" and "Arabian Disco".

So here are some early singles - disappointing in terms of a lack of exclusive b-sides, but some good mixes. First up is "We Care A Lot" featuring the "Make Love Not War" mix and a radio edit of "Chinese Arithmetic"

Hold me near, as if you'll never let me go

A remix and dance mix of "Anne's Song"

Do whatever the hell you want to do

And the two exclusive b-sides of "From Out Of Nowhere", the single that turned me onto FNM.

One minute here and one minute there and then you wave goodbye
(Goodbye)

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment