Sunday 2 October 2011

Dinosaur Jr - Whatever's Cool With Me

It was never going to be too long before Dinosaur Jr made an appearance on this blog. As all of the early EPs are available on Fossils or as extras on the re-releases of the first three albums, I've chosen "Whatever's Cool With Me" which, to my knowledge, is no longer commercially available. May Warner Music ask me politely to remove this post if that isn't so. The title track and "Sideways" are exclusive to this EP along with two live tracks; "Thumb" and "Keep The Glove". Despite being a fan since about 1990, I never saw them live until about 1996 in Cambridge. I was stood at the front and had J's Marshall stack full in my face. I can remember my hair being blown by the soundwaves and my ears bursting during "Sludgefeast".  Pardon?

No comments:

Post a Comment