Tuesday 4 October 2011

Fighting With Wire - Singles and compilation tracks

 Few bands have caught my attention more over the last couple of years than Fighting With Wire. Out of the ashes of Jetplane Landing, FWW pushed the rock up a notch and are quite rightfully seen as the Irish Foo Fighters by lazy journalists and me. There's so much good stuff coming out of Ireland at the moment; And So I Watch You From Afar, Bats, Adebisi Shank etc. I've been eagerly awaiting their follow-up album from 2008's "Man vs. Monster" - supposedly due out this year. In the meantime, like me, you will have to put up with a collection of EPs and compilation tracks that have appeared. But what a treat they are!

First off is, what I believe to be, their 2010 tour EP "I Am Ursus". Chances are, when the new album comes out, these four tracks will become generally available because at the moment they really aren't.

Tour de force

Second are the two b-sides from their 2009 single "Sugar" which includes one of my favourite FWW tracks "After The Show".

Sweet sweet music

Third is the four track self-titled EP that got me into the band in 2008. The first track "Everyone Needs a Nemesis" is on the album but the other three are not.

Writing with fire


Finally is a collection of odds and ends. The b-side of their extremely limited (300 copies) "All For Nothing" 7" called "Photograph", and four other tracks that have appeared on various compilations.

Take a picture, it'll last longer

If you want to buy the album or any other releases they make available go to Smalltown America here. I strongly recommend it. They also released three more EPs as far back as 2004 that I have been unable to track down for love nor money: EP1, EP2 and "Machine Parts". If anyone knows where I can locate these items I'd really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment