Wednesday 5 October 2011

Geisha - Hymns For The Living Dead

This, their second EP from 2004, contains four tracks of mind-blowing riffs and the most extraordinary raw power. I have no idea how to get a hold of their more recent output; albums "Mondo Dell'Orrore", "Die Verbrechen Der Liebe" and "Maudit A Minuit" otherwise I would send you there. I have the first and third but can't remember where I got them. Their website has info on releases but no obvious way of buying them. My copy of this EP is obviously a promo, as it has a press release in it with some terrible quotes including "Geisha have piss all over their chips and an antisocial behaviour order in the post" by manchestermusic.co.uk. The website doesn't have this quote any more - instead it says "This is music for aspiring serial killers where everything is fuzzed up past the point of sensibility. Even the drums and indeed the distortion has distortion on it." Fair enough.

Pish and chips

No comments:

Post a Comment